Change to Support Technology Integration
- A leading global hotel management company with significant presence in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Russia and China wanted to grow without concerns regarding its IT infrastructure or limitations, gain greater visibility into its employees for faster, more informed decision-making. They also wanted to deploy the right talent to execute on strategic initiatives and new market opportunities through professional development and succession planning.
- In order to support this, they selected and deployed Workday (a leading finance and human resources information system) to centralize, standardize, and automate HR information and processes to create a more holistic human capital management view across the organization.
- In order to support the process and technology adoption of this initiative, we designed, developed, and delivered the change strategy and roadmap to include the engagement, communication, and training workstream for the project. We also developed and delivered the change implementation plan based on the change strategy and assessment work. The implementation plan for each workstream included key change activities, deliverables, outcomes, dates, and owners.
- The engagement workstream included key change management activities and deliverables such as stakeholder identification and analysis, change readiness assessment, change management workshop, the change impact analysis, and the change champion network. The change champion network was designed and developed to cut across multiple lines of businesses and functions in order to drive the adoption and socialization of this initiative.
- Increased stakeholder engagement and understanding of the Workday initiative by the company’s 30,000 employees, and accelerated execution of communication and training efforts.
- Strong increase in adoption of the new streamlined HR processes including time & attendance, recruiting, payroll, and performance management, as well as utilization of the Workday system.